Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2015/11/04 18:25:44 UTC

Re: How to I set a sling:redirect property to something under /content?

On Sat, 2015-10-31 at 21:37 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> On Saturday 31 October 2015 18:26:20 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> > I'm trying to create a redirect from / to /content/blog/posts . The
> > way
> > I did this was to change the sling:redirect property of / to
> > /content/blog/posts.
> >
> > However, the redirect ends up being sent to /blog/posts ( /content
> > prefix removed ). By debugging I realised that this is removed by
> > the
> > ResourceResolver.map() call since there the
> > ResourceResolverFactoryActivator URL mappings contain
> >
> >   "/:/", "/content/:/", "/system/docroot/:/"
> >
> > which means that for the ResourceResolver.map() call /content is
> > removed.
> >
> > I am not too familiar with that area of Sling, so my questions are:
> >
> > 1) Is another ( clean ) way of doing this? I imagine I could
> > redirect
> > to /content/content/blog/posts or http://localhost:8080/content/blo
> > g/po
> > sts, but both seem workardounds
> >
> > 2) Does this look like a bug?
>
> you usually don't want /content/ in your external URLs (visible to
> clients)
> and your resources under /content/blog/posts should be available also
> under
> /blog/posts. Does it work?

Well, I can work around it, but I think I should not have to :-)

> Have you read "Mappings for Resource Resolution"[0]?

Now I have. However, it's mostly concerned with what is under /etc/map,
whereas in my scenario /etc/map does not even exist.

> Are you playing with a public available example?

No, it's not public ( but not rocket-science either ).

/ has     "sling:target": "/content/blog/posts.html"
/content/blog/posts is a regular Sling resource.

Robert