Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/03/23 15:09:44 UTC

Merge Status

Quick Status on where we are at:

The new trunk for the merge is now open:  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/  All committers should have the same rights that they had before.

Please do all development on those.

What's left:

1. Website updates - We should probably have a shared committer page.  I guess we should just point the Solr "Who we are" page at the Lucene one and add the delta between the two to the Lucene list.

2. Hudson?  Uwe?

3. Other nightly build stuff.  My cron tabs, etc.  I will update them to point at the new trunk.

Anything else?

-Grant

Re: Merge Status

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Of you have checkouts of the previous trunks that you don't want to
re-checkout, then use svn switch.

Solr trunk was moved to a 1.5 branch, so for old trunk checkouts, cd
into your directory and do
svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/branches/branch-1.5-dev

For "newtrunk" checkouts of combined lucene/solr:
svn switch  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk

For lucene only:
svn switch  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/lucene

-Yonik

Re: Merge Status

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:09 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>

>> 3. Other nightly build stuff.  My cron tabs, etc.  I will update them to point at the new trunk.
>
> OK, I updated my cron tab for the site check out of Lucene.  Not sure who handles Solr.

Solr's has always been manual.

-Yonik

Re: Merge Status

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

RE: Merge Status

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
I changed the hudson nightly job of Lucene trunk to simply checkout the correct folders (Lucene-only). This builds lucene separate from solr, so all artifacts are build with a JDK 1.5. This enables solr to maybe move to 1.6.

I changed the solr build to checkout the new trunk and use a similar shell script to build solr like lucene does. It will automatically build the lucene-jars as of the new build.xml. Also solr now uses Clover 2.6.3. Hopefully the next build (currently pending and waiting for lucene test build) runs fine.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen