Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Treichel" <Mi...@nterra.com> on 2003/01/14 16:17:59 UTC

Schema annotations

Hi everyone!

We are having problems getting access to schema annotations using Xerces-J.
The following code snipplet returns a null value for
schema.getAnnotations():

Element root = document.getDocumentElement();

// retrieve PSVI for the root element
ElementPSVI rootPSVI = (ElementPSVI)root;
// retrieve the schema used in validation of this document
XSModel schema = rootPSVI.getSchemaInformation();
if (schema != null){
      System.out.println("schema.getAnnotations(): " +
schema.getAnnotations());
} else {
	System.out.println("schema == null");
}

The XML file and the schema we are using for our tests are accepted as valid
documents by the DOM parser. Has anybody had similar problems? Has somebody
out there got a solution? Any help is welcome!

Thank you very much in advance!

Michael

Re: Schema annotations

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
"Dr. Michael Treichel" wrote:
> We are having problems getting access to schema annotations using Xerces-J.
> The following code snipplet returns a null value for
> schema.getAnnotations():

Access to the annotations is not implemented yet.. Hopefully we will
have time to do it in the next couple of months.
If you are willing to help with implementation, please email to
xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org list.

Thank you,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto