Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> on 2007/12/26 19:12:10 UTC

How to download dependencies just from the server repository?

Hi all,
  Normally if I run the mvn eclipse:eclipse, it will download the dependencies from " http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/...". Now, what I want to do is: if I run mvn command such as eclipse:eclipse, it will download the dependencies from repository on the server maschine. The advantage doing so is: everytimne when a user run mvn command, he just download the dependencies from the server maschine since download from "http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/..." will not allowed because of fire wall. But the admin can download the dependencies on the the repository on the server maschine.
  How can I do or configue that?

  Regards

  Thomas

---------------------------------
Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.

Re: How to download dependencies just from the server repository?

Posted by Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de>.
  I try to configure the <mirror> in my settings.xml file. But it failed. The dependencies on the server maschine are located on c:\CVSREPO. It has the cvs name of \MyRepo. The server maschine name is myServer. Here are my configurations. Are they correct?

  <mirror>
  <id>mirrorId</id>
  <mirrorOf>repositoryId</mirrorOf>
  <name></name>
  <url>/myServer/MyRepo</url>
  </mirror>

  ******************
  You should probably configure a <mirror> in your settings.xml file on
your developer's desktops pointing to your local server, thus
overriding repo1.

You may want to configure <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> as it is pretty
normal for builds to connect to multiple repos to acquire
dependencies.

Wayne

On 12/26/07, Thomas Chang <th...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  Normally if I run the mvn eclipse:eclipse, it will download the
 dependencies from " http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/...". Now, what I want to
 do is: if I run mvn command such as eclipse:eclipse, it will download
 the dependencies from repository on the server maschine. The advantage
 doing so is: everytimne when a user run mvn command, he just download
 the dependencies from the server maschine since download from
 "http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/..." will not allowed because of fire
 wall. But the admin can download the dependencies on the the repository on
 the server maschine.
>  How can I do or configue that?
>
>  Regards
>
>  Thomas

Ihr erstes Baby? Holen Sie sich Tipps von anderen Eltern.

Re: How to download dependencies just from the server repository?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.