Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Vivien Barousse <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/26 01:40:34 UTC

Roller Activities proposal for SoC

Hello everyone,

I'm Vivien Barousse, 19-years old student in computer science, and I
would like to join the Google Summer of Code for this year, and I found
the Roller Activities project
( http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#roller-activities )
very interesting.

I wrote a draft of proposal today
( http://wiki.apache.org/general/VivienBarousse/GSoC2008/roller-activities-proposal ), and I would like to know what you're think about it. Do you think I should add/modify/delete something ? Are they part I should make more consistent ?

Thanks,

Vivien Barousse.

Re: Roller Activities proposal for SoC

Posted by Vivien Barousse <ba...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 15:43 -0400, Dave wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Vivien Barousse
> <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> >  I'm Vivien Barousse, 19-years old student in computer science, and I
> >  would like to join the Google Summer of Code for this year, and I found
> >  the Roller Activities project
> >  ( http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#roller-activities )
> >  very interesting.
> >
> >  I wrote a draft of proposal today
> >  ( http://wiki.apache.org/general/VivienBarousse/GSoC2008/roller-activities-proposal ), and I would like to know what you're think about it. Do you think I should add/modify/delete something ? Are they part I should make more consistent ?
>
> Hi Vivien,
>
> Thanks, that's a very good start; nice format and I'm happy to see you
> have included a schedule -- that's helpful. I also like the idea of
> integrating Twitter and other micro-blogging status messages too, but
> that is beyond the scope of what I originally proposed.
>
> I'm not sure if having a separate status/activities table makes sense
> or not. I think there are definitely some advantages to treating
> status like weblog entries. Anybody else on the dev list want to
> comment on that?
>
> - Dave

Hi Dave,

About the idea of integrating Twitter, I know this is beyond the scope
of what you originally proposed, but I think this can be a great
feature. This can eventually be an optional feature, to be implemented
if time allows at the end of the GSoC.

Vivien

Re: Roller Activities proposal for SoC

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vivien Barousse <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

According to Dyagilev's suggestions, I updated my proposal here :
http://wiki.apache.org/general/VivienBarousse/GSoC2008/roller-activities-proposal

I'd like to have some review on this new version.

Vivien Barousse

Posted by Dyagilev Aleksey <ak...@gmail.com>.

--
Aleksey