Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Wolfgang Jeltsch <zs...@acme.softbase.org> on 2008/11/16 01:11:11 UTC

proxying and CSS

Hello,

I run Lenya 2.0.2 with Tomcat 5.5.27.  I access Tomcat through a proxy which
is an Apache 2.2.3 HTTP server.  Communication between the proxy and Tomcat
is done via AJP.  The proxy maps URL paths beginning with /cms onto Tomcat
paths beginning with /lenya.

Now, I have many lines in the HTTP server’s error.log, containing:

    File does not exist: /var/www/lenya,
    referer: https://<mydomain>/cms/<mypublication>/authoring/css/page.css

Seems as if something uses the internal Tomcat paths instead of the public URL
paths.  However, although page.css seems to be the problem source, the file
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/resources/shared/css/page.css
doesn’t seem to contain any references to /lenya.

On the other hand, it contains lots of absolute paths which neither start
with /lenya nor with /cms.  Is this intended and how does this work?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang

Re: proxying and CSS

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Jeltsch schrieb:

[…]

> However, this path/URL rewriting doesn’t work as it should.  A path /my/path
> inside the CSS is rewritten to /lenya/my/path, probably because /lenya is the
> base path (servlet context?) for Lenya in Tomcat.  But I use proxying and
> instead of /lenya/my/path I should get /cms/my/path since
> https://myserver/cms is mappend onto Tomcat’s /lenya.
>
> Why doesn’t it work like this?

maybe there's a problem with the proxy declarations in publication.xml.
Does the link rewriting work properly for links in XHTML pages?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: proxying and CSS

Posted by Wolfgang Jeltsch <je...@Informatik.tu-Cottbus.DE>.
Am Montag, 17. November 2008 09:35 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
> Hi Wolfgang
>
> Wolfgang Jeltsch schrieb:
> > I run Lenya 2.0.2 with Tomcat 5.5.27.  I access Tomcat through a proxy
> > which is an Apache 2.2.3 HTTP server.  Communication between the proxy
> > and Tomcat is done via AJP.  The proxy maps URL paths beginning with /cms
> > onto Tomcat paths beginning with /lenya.
> >
> > Now, I have many lines in the HTTP server’s error.log, containing:
> >
> >     File does not exist: /var/www/lenya,
> >     referer:
> > https://<mydomain>/cms/<mypublication>/authoring/css/page.css
> >
> > Seems as if something uses the internal Tomcat paths instead of the
> > public URL paths.  However, although page.css seems to be the problem
> > source, the file
> > $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/resources/shared/css/page.c
> >ss doesn’t seem to contain any references to /lenya.
> >
> > On the other hand, it contains lots of absolute paths which neither start
> > with /lenya nor with /cms.  Is this intended and how does this work?
>
> this is explained here:
>
> http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/reference/urls-and-links/link-management.htm
>
> There's a dedicated section about URLs in CSS files.

Hello Andreas,

thanks for the link.

Re: proxying and CSS

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.