Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/04 14:35:30 UTC

tapestry5-db-migrations

Hi

I was looking for something like rails migration and came across https://github.com/spreadthesource/tapestry5-db-migrations. It looks promising. I have a few queries about it :-

1) Is it being actively maintained as the last commit was 9 months ago.

2) It is based on Tapestry-5.2. Any plans of upgrading to 5.3

3) And how do we add a custom column definition like in @Column(columnDefinition = "longtext") etc.

regards
Taha

Re: tapestry5-db-migrations

Posted by Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov <dv...@gmail.com>.
sure thing. just sharing options.

honestly none of available migration frameworks for java works for me. so
ended up with home grown.

RE: tapestry5-db-migrations

Posted by Toby O'Rourke <to...@gamesys.co.uk>.
Hi,

I write as a heavy liquibase user - we've got about 15 projects here that are all using liquibase with the maven plugin.

One of the great things vs. flyaway is the abstraction provided by the xml changesets - you are hiding away from the vendor specific SQL that always seems to crop up and makes using things like HSQLDB or H2 for integration tests harder than it should be.

Cheers,

Toby.

Re: tapestry5-db-migrations

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.