Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Pe...@teliasonera.com on 2006/11/28 17:34:30 UTC

Extracting tokens

Hello,

I'm a velocity newbie. We have a portal framework with a propretary MVC.
We are thinking of using velocity for rendering the views. In our
publishing tool we need to extract all defined variables from a
template. Reading the documentation I cannot find this. A lot of
information exists to do the other way around (extract objects into
Context variables).

Anyone that could give me some pointers.

What I'm looking for really is someting like;
variables[] =
Velocity.getTemplate("mytemplate.vm").extractAllPossibleVariableNamesInT
emplate();

Cheers.
Peter

Re: Extracting tokens