Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl> on 2007/10/29 16:33:09 UTC

getIndexingConfigurationDOM from repository node itself

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible (or a way) to access a repository
node that holds the indexing_configuration instead of using a
indexing_configuration.xml file? I can't seem to find how and if it can
be done. I would like the store the indexing_configuration in the
repository itself. I am not sure about the status of this thread [1]
which seems to be related, though I want to be able to access a
repository node during initialisation of the SearchIndex (and ofcourse
later on add an eventListener when the configuration changes)

Has anybody an idea wether this is possible?

Regards Ard

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg04514.html

Re: getIndexingConfigurationDOM from repository node itself

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Would you like this to be part of JackRabbit? I can file a JIRA issue
> for it if you like?

yes, please do.

regards
  marcel

RE: getIndexingConfigurationDOM from repository node itself

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl>.
> Hi Ard,
>
> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> > Does anybody know if it is possible (or a way) to access a
> repository
> > node that holds the indexing_configuration instead of using a
> > indexing_configuration.xml file?

> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> that's a very interesting idea.

For the record, it wasn't mine :-) Berry my colleague asked me to have
the indexing configuration available in the repository itself.

> Even though you can provide
> your own indexing configuration implementation you are
> currently bound to an xml file in the file system. but why
> not change that? we could make the configuration path
> property more intelligent, e.g. support paths like
> jcr:/location/in/my/workspace that point into the workspace.

Yes, I had a similar idea to be able to configure a repository path
(though it would ofcourse be nice if something like "jcr:" was part of
the spec). Only thing is that I haven't yet found a way to be able to
get nodes from the repository during initialisation of the SearchIndex,
but Berry told me he knew more or less how to do this.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Ard,

Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Does anybody know if it is possible (or a way) to access a repository
> node that holds the indexing_configuration instead of using a
> indexing_configuration.xml file?

that's a very interesting idea. Even though you can provide your own indexing