Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Settle, William" <Wi...@alltel.com> on 2002/08/13 18:04:00 UTC

Conditional processing

I am looking for a way to test if a property is set and if so, do one
thing.  If
it is not set, then do another.  Something like

if property set
  do something
else
  do something else

It looks like using the <condition> tag with the <isset> tag might work
but I
can't figure out how to make it work.

I would appreciate any help you can give,
Bill

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Watch this not work...  (the unsubscribe....its broken...and has been
for awhile)

-Andy

PS traffic too much, rather read the gmane.

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.

Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.
> What Email client are you using?

Becky:

    http://www.rimarts.co.jp/

It's not free, there's no calendar/schedule fluff, and it's not as
smooth as Outlook Express can be, but it beats OE all hollow about the
irregular stuff (like not running macro viruses for you, and like
filtering out the unnecessary parts of standard links).

> I've tried IE 5,

That's OE.

> GroupWise 6, TWIG
> and webmail (both Email clients)

Aha! Productivity and collaboration software! Well, I guess you won't be
interested in Becky, since Becky is a dedicated mail client.

> and even Netscape 4.5.

4.5? From some CD, I suppose? 4.78 is the current download.

I do use the mail client in Netscape sometimes, but not often for lists.

Wait. I'm being OT.

> All using the
> same from Email, no Emails bounced, no replies, no response or
> acknowledgment at all.
>
> I just tried again and cut and paste the Email you unsubscribed from
> above. You received an unsubscribed response in 1 minute. I've been
> waiting 15 and still nothing.

15 minutes is a little on the long side. (One minute is a little on the
fast side.)

> Sorry to all those wading through this off topic issue. I've been using
> UseNET and mail lists for over a decade now and this is the most
> difficulty I've had. So this is rare, and I tried everything I could think
> of before sinking to this post.
>
> I'm hoping the previous email from Conor to apmail@apache.org will
> remedy this situation.
>
> Once again, sorry for the diversion to all Ant User list members.
> BJ

Hmm. How about sending me a copy of your headers off-list, BJ? I really
can't do anything with them, but I'm curious.

--
Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>

Posted by qu...@metronet.com.
Joel Rees wrote:

> Well, I just sent an unsubscribe request to

> and got back the confirmation notice with no problems whatsoever, in
> less than a minute.
>
> My mail client is nice enough to strip the "mailto:" protocol from the
> address when I double click, so I have no problems with that.
>
> BJ (quikdraw@metronet.com) says he tried stripping the protocol and
> checked the return address in the headers, so I guess he must be having
> other problems.
>
> Just my opinion, but it seems to me that putting the protocol in the
> links causes more trouble than it's worth. I haven't seen it in any
> lists I'm subscribed to except the jakarta lists. Do you have any idea
> why the protocol is there?

Joel,

What Email client are you using? I've tried IE 5, GroupWise 6, TWIG
and webmail (both Email clients) and even Netscape 4.5. All using the

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.

Conor MacNeill wrote:

> quikdraw@metronet.com wrote:
> > Steve Loughran wrote:
> >
> >>are you sure you are using the same email address you subscribed on, and not
> >>some other alias?
> >
> > I can't speak for Andrew, but I've had the same Email for about 10 years now,
> > so the answer is a definite YES. I've tried from several Email clients, multiple
> >
> > times, multiple days for over a week and half. No Emails were replied to and
> > none bounced.
> >
> > I've also sent a request to what is listed as the list owner, ant-user-owner,
> > but
> > no response as of yet.
> I have forwarded your email onto apmail@apache.org asking for you to be
> unsubscribing and seeking clarification as to whether unsubscribing is
> currently broken. I have not received a response as yet.

Conor,

Thanks. Perhaps they will know how to resolve this issue. I have received
a few Emails from others stating they have had trouble unsubscribing from
this list also. It's not that I don't appreciate you guys <G>, I've just moved
on to other areas of focus and don't have time to keep up with the traffic
from this list.

Once again, thanks for trying to help on this.
BJ

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by Kendall Collett <kc...@convio.com>.
I'm not sure if this is pertinent, but at one point I was having a hard time
unsubscribing from ant-dev.  It's been a while, but what I think did the
trick was sending the unsubscribe e-mail as a "plain text" e-mail instead of
"HTML" e-mail (e.g. sending non-MIME e-mail).  Not sure why that should
matter...

Kendall

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> > are you sure you are using the same email address you subscribed on, and
not
> > some other alias?
>
> I can't speak for Andrew, but I've had the same Email for about 10 years
now,
> so the answer is a definite YES. I've tried from several Email clients,
multiple

> times, multiple days for over a week and half. No Emails were replied to
and
> none bounced.
>
> I've also sent a request to what is listed as the list owner,
ant-user-owner,
> but
> no response as of yet.
>
> Is anyone with list maintainer privileges listening?

that is a good q. no, I dont know of a maintainer, but will check around.

There is actually a brute force trick of taking your alias off line for a
day or so and the mail system will notice and send you a probe message; if
that fails you are deemed dead and unsubscribed. That is kind of excessive,
but I wonder if you could simulate it with the appropriate error message to
the mailer daemon.

Posted by qu...@metronet.com.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.

Re: Conditional processing

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Premnath S Jagannath wrote:
> Matt,
> I got this error message while executing this script.
> Please anyone let me know why I am getting this.
>
> 'The <condition> task doesn't support the nested "isset" element.'

Upgrade to 1.5

Conor

Re: Conditional processing

Posted by Premnath S Jagannath <pr...@wipro.com>.
Matt,
I got this error message while executing this script.
Please anyone let me know why I am getting this.

'The <condition> task doesn't support the nested "isset" element.'

Prem

Re: Conditional processing

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.

RE: Conditional processing

Posted by Jay Goldman <jg...@iconverse.com>.
look at the 'if' and 'unless' attributes on targets

-jay