Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <sa...@thomson.net> on 2003/03/11 16:15:11 UTC

How define a DynaActionForm to display a collection ?

	I would like to define a DynaActionForm that is used to display
	a collection in a JSP page.

	For example the DTO object of the business tier is a
	CustomerObject with the following properties:

	- First Name
	- Last Name
	- Age
	- Country
	- Identifier

	For a customer detail view I have the following DynaActionForm:
	<form-bean name="customerForm" dynamic="true"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
	    <form-property name="firstName" type="java.lang.String"
initial="" />
	    <form-property name="lastName" type="java.lang.String"
initial="" />
	    <form-property name="age" type="java.lang.String" initial="" />
                <form-property name="country" type="java.lang.String"
initial="" />
	    <form-property name="identifier" type="java.lang.String"
initial="" />
	</form-bean>

	How must I define/declare the DynaActionForm associated to the JSP
page that display
	the list of customers ?

	<form-bean name="customerListForm" dynamic="true"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">

	I can perhaps use the same DynaActionForm for the two pages ?

	In this case which is the code to update or create the collection of
DTO object (CustomerObject ) ?

As of February 12, 2003 Thomson unifies its email addresses on a worldwide
basis.Please note my new email address: sandra.heligon@thomson.net

Thomson is the leader in solutions and technologies for the entertainment
and media industries and serves its customers under its four strategic
brands: Technicolor, Grass Valley, RCA and THOMSON.
More about Thomson: http://www.thomson.net/videochain

Re: How define a DynaActionForm to display a collection ?

Posted by Mark Lowe <ml...@officinedigitali.it>.
		<form-bean name="NewsLetterRegistration"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm">
			<form-property name="email"  type="java.lang.String"/>
			<form-property name="password"  type="java.lang.String"/>
			<form-property name="confirmPassword" type="java.lang.String"/>
		</form-bean>

in action

DynaActionForm theForm = (DynaActionForm) form;

theForm.set("firstName",myValue);

that should be what you need

cheers mark