Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 10:32:51 UTC

Re: Geronimo 3 and karaf 3

I got some time to try the trunk change locally after G 2.1.8 release
stuffs are basically done :-)

Several findings about the trunk changes:
1. The server trunk can only be compiled with Maven 3, that's the reason it
failed to compile in the TCK environment(the maven version used in TCK env
is 2.2.1). I will update the TCK env in the coming days.
2. The testsuite cannot be executed since geronimo-maven-plugin cannot
launch the server now. This issue will also block TCK execution.
3. The command line interfaces has big changes, I cannot find
startup/shutdown/geronimo scripts now. I do not look into the changes
further, so I even don't know how to launch the server now.

So generally, I think we need a introduction about how to use the trunk
build now.

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

Re: Geronimo 3 and karaf 3

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Forrest,

I've seen some problems like this and don't know exactly what causes them.  Some old artifacts have gotten into the build: LocalAttributeManager is no longer a gbean and j2ee-system doesn't try to set it up as a gbean.  It might be related to KARAF-910.  For me this issue seems to sometimes cause aether to download an old remote copy of some artifact rather than using the one in the karaf/geronimo system repo.  Could you look in your geronimo instance and see what the j2ee-system bundle is in the system repo and in the data cache?  The log might also provide a clue.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Geronimo 3 and karaf 3

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.