Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Peter A. Pilgrim" <pe...@xenonsoft.demon.co.uk> on 2004/06/08 23:34:14 UTC

Building Struts with Maven

Does Maven completely build all of Struts from CVS?

I just run `maven jar' and `maven war', but I do not
see building of the web app examples or the tiles documentation war.
What gives?

--
Peter Pilgrim
            __ _____ _____ _____

Re: Building Struts with Maven

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:34 PM +0100 6/8/04, Peter A. Pilgrim wrote:
>Does Maven completely build all of Struts from CVS?
>
>I just run `maven jar' and `maven war', but I do not
>see building of the web app examples or the tiles documentation war.
>What gives?

maven jar should just build struts-1.2.x.jar

I'm not sure what maven war should do since Struts has multiple
webapps in the examples.

Ultimately, we should have some maven goal which is equivalent to ant dist.

I'd be wide open to at least suggestions about how the Maven build
should be different -- I can understand why you want it to be
complete, but might need some help conceptualizing what that means :^)

Again, we may want to do almost all of this with struts-specific
named goals in maven.xml, which is generally as easy as copying
something out of the build.xml.  In fact, it might be possible to use
antcall and not even copy it; depends on whether the ant properties
would be defined correctly, but since maven uses build.properties,
odds are good it would be.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska