Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Yanick Quirion <ya...@neokimia.com> on 2004/01/11 23:19:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Server problem

Hi all,

I want to configure a virtual server on apache 2.0. This virtual server
will host a second web site on a different IP and also a different value
for "DocumentRoot". On the "DocumentRoot" folder, I create a folder
called "logs". On that folder I put a simple index.html. With a web
browser I type this address: http://www.virtialwebsite.com/logs, and I
have an error; I'm not able to get the web page. If I simply add a slash
(/) at the end of the address (http://www.virtialwebsite.com/logs/), it
works! Why?

I have the similar configuration on the default web site, and I don't
have this problem. Could you tell me what's I'm doing wrong into my
virtual server?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Yanick Quirion

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Server problem

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Yanick Quirion wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to configure a virtual server on apache 2.0. This virtual server
> will host a second web site on a different IP and also a different value
> for "DocumentRoot". On the "DocumentRoot" folder, I create a folder
> called "logs". On that folder I put a simple index.html. With a web
> browser I type this address: http://www.virtialwebsite.com/logs, and I
> have an error; I'm not able to get the web page. If I simply add a slash
> (/) at the end of the address (http://www.virtialwebsite.com/logs/), it
> works! Why?
>
> I have the similar configuration on the default web site, and I don't
> have this problem. Could you tell me what's I'm doing wrong into my
> virtual server?

Whhen you say you have an error ... what is that error? And what does
the error log say?

You may want to read the FAQ at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-E.html#set-servername regarding
the "trailing slash" problem. That may address your problem

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Author - Apache Server Unleashed - http://www.apacheunleashed.com/