Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net> on 2003/04/07 20:24:54 UTC

[OT] Recommendation on a portal that will allow me to integrate Struts components

Where I am working the company wants to move towards using a portal
product for the different departments to do some content management
etc. The portal will also have to provide a lot of the functionality
that many of our struts applications also provide. Some of the people
here (not Java or struts developers) have been working with this
Oracle portal and personally I hate it. The boss isn't against going
with another solution. Of course I recommend we just build our own,
but looks like that isn't going to be the case. The question I have
is:

Is there a decent pure Java portal that will allow me to build
components within the portal using Struts and even my own model layer
pieces?

If we are not allowed to build our own custom solution, I'd like the
next best thing which would be able to plug in our own struts apps
into the existing framework.

Thanks for any advice - or even a list or links of reasons why
non-custom portals suck or whatever.

--
Rick

Re: [OT] Recommendation on a portal that will allow me to integrate Struts components

Posted by albert Arhin <al...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Rick ,
       I recommed you try your hands at lportal at
www.liferay.com.
Its is based on struts and could rival most commercial
offerings.
 Good luck.
Albert