Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "juan.velez" <ju...@areva-td.com> on 2008/12/11 18:01:25 UTC

SOAP1.2-based Service still accepts SOAP1.1-based messages

I have a Service whose wsdl AND http binding is set to be using SOAP 1.2.
However when I send a SOAP 1.1-based message the Service still accepts it
BUT the response sent back is SOAP 1.2. Is this the expected behavior? I
thought that if the service was defined to be SOAP 1.2 (both by the WSDL
namespace for SOAP AND the annotation on the
port-javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding.SOAP12HTTP_BINDING-), sending a message
using SOAP 1.1 would not be accepted.

Re: SOAP1.2-based Service still accepts SOAP1.1-based messages

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 11 December 2008 12:12:42 pm Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> I'd rather see CXF SOAP 1.2 server sending a SOAP 1.1 response instead of
> rejecting a SOAP 1.1 request.

No.  WSI-BP specifically states that a VersionMismatch fault should be
generated:

As specified by the SOAP processing model, (a) a "VersionMismatch" faultcode
must be generated if the namespace of the "Envelope" element is incorrect

If it's not doing that, it's a bug and should be logged in JIRA and hopefully
fixed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: SOAP1.2-based Service still accepts SOAP1.1-based messages