Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Álvaro Canales <al...@fib.upc.edu> on 2006/09/22 13:17:44 UTC

Cannot rename file .svn/tmp/entries under Linux when repositories in a Samba share

Hello,

While trying to commit for the first time to our repositories (they are
in a Samba share), we get this error:

checkout -N -r HEAD https://svnsever.mydomain/svn/username/test
        svn: Cannot rename file '
/home/username/workspace/test/.svn/tmp/entries'

We are running Linux, using Eclipse 3.1 and Subclipse 1.0.3* *version

We suspect that the error appears due to the way Subclipse interacts
with a Samba share, under Linux.
We didn't find the problem when Eclipse's workspace is located in a
local filesystem. Everything worked fine.

Can somebody give us a clue, please?

Thank you!

Re: Cannot rename file .svn/tmp/entries under Linux when repositories in a Samba share

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.
Álvaro Canales <al...@fib.upc.edu> wrote on 09/22/2006 09:17:44 AM:

> While trying to commit for the first time to our repositories (they are
> in a Samba share), we get this error:
>
> checkout -N -r HEAD https://svnsever.mydomain/svn/username/test
>         svn: Cannot rename file '
> /home/username/workspace/test/.svn/tmp/entries'
>
> We are running Linux, using Eclipse 3.1 and Subclipse 1.0.3* *version
>
> We suspect that the error appears due to the way Subclipse interacts
> with a Samba share, under Linux.
> We didn't find the problem when Eclipse's workspace is located in a
> local filesystem. Everything worked fine.
>
> Can somebody give us a clue, please?

Try this search of the archives:

http://www.google.com/custom?domains=svn.haxx.se&q=.svn%2Ftmp%2Fentries+Samba&sa=Search&sitesearch=svn.haxx.se

It gives a few hits.