Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Robert Quinn <rd...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/06 00:43:08 UTC

Oracle V2 parser doesn't like unqualfied 'fault' elements

i'm using the V2 beta which is jaxp compliant.  but it
complains about that the faultcode element is not
qualified with a namespace.

has any one ecountered this before?  i saw a reference
in the archive regarding similiar probelm with xerces
1.3.1, but solution was use a different version of
xerces.  (i wish i had that option)

worst case i'll can update the code to output
qualified names but i hate to do that. (testing,
interop, etc.)

is it valid xml to have unqualifed name mixed in when
using namespaces?

thanks for any help

** soap message from server

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>service 'urn:test:echo2'
unknown</faultstring>
<faultactor>/winxml/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

***  Original Messages

SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Client, A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.]

at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
at
test.client.EchoClient.invokeEchoString(EchoClient.java:200)
at test.client.EchoClient.main(EchoClient.java:25)
Root Cause = A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
at org.apache.soap.Fault.unmarshall(Fault.java:331)
at
org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.unmarshall(RPCMessage.java:363)
at
org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.extractFromEnvelope(RPCMessage.java:197)
at
org.apache.soap.rpc.Response.extractFromEnvelope(Response.java:142)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:233)

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Oracle V2 parser doesn't like unqualfied 'fault' elements

Posted by Robert Quinn <rd...@yahoo.com>.
i was using xdk_java_9_0_2_0_0D.zip

i just downloaded and will try with latest release.

thanks!

http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
> Building Oracle XML Apps,
> www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp

=== message truncated ===

Posted by Robert Quinn <rd...@yahoo.com>.
i was using xdk_java_9_0_2_0_0D.zip

i just downloaded and will try with latest release.

thanks!
--- Steve Muench <St...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Oracle's web service client library is also
> using the Apache SOAP rpc layer and I just
> tried using our latest, production 9.2.0.1 Java XDK
> and both successful and fault responses work ok.
>
> What precise version of the Oracle XDK for Java
> are you using? You mentioned a beta. Try with the
> 9.2.0.1 production release that's been up on our
> http://otn.oracle.com/tech/xml page for a few weeks
> now. It might be newer than what you're using.

> Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Evangelist,
> Author
> Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J

http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
> Building Oracle XML Apps,
> www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp

| > |
| > | has any one ecountered this before?  i saw a
| > reference
| > | in the archive regarding similiar probelm with
| > xerces
| > | 1.3.1, but solution was use a different version of
| > | xerces.  (i wish i had that option)
| > |
| > | worst case i'll can update the code to output
| > | qualified names but i hate to do that. (testing,
| > | interop, etc.)
| > |
| > | is it valid xml to have unqualifed name mixed in
| > when
| > | using namespaces?
| > |
| > | thanks for any help
| > |
| > | ** soap message from server
| > |
| > | <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
| > | <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
| > | <faultstring>service 'urn:test:echo2'
| > | unknown</faultstring>
| > | <faultactor>/winxml/rpcrouter</faultactor>
| > | </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
| > | </SOAP-ENV:Body>
| > | </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
| > |
| > | ***  Original Messages
| > |
| > | SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Client, A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
| > |
| > |
| > | [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
| > |
| > targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.]
| > |
| > |
| > | at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
| > | at
| > |

| test.client.EchoClient.invokeEchoString(EchoClient.java:200)
| > | at test.client.EchoClient.main(EchoClient.java:25)
| > | Root Cause = A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
| > | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
| > | at
| > org.apache.soap.Fault.unmarshall(Fault.java:331)
| > | at
| > |

| org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.unmarshall(RPCMessage.java:363)
| > | at
| > |

| org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.extractFromEnvelope(RPCMessage.java:197)
| > | at
| > |

| org.apache.soap.rpc.Response.extractFromEnvelope(Response.java:142)
| > | at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:233)
| > | at
| > |

| test.client.EchoClient.invokeEchoString(EchoClient.java:200)
| > | at test.client.EchoClient.main(EchoClient.java:25)
| > |
| > | Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free
| > email!
| > | http://mail.yahoo.com/
| > |

| Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email!
| http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Oracle V2 parser doesn't like unqualfied 'fault' elements

| here's the header for that message, should have
| included in original posting.
|
| <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
|
| <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
| xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
| xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
| xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
|
| <SOAP-ENV:Body>
|
| This happens with oracle parser rather then xerces.
| Are you not seeing the same thing?
|
| I had other symptoms of this problem that led me to
| swap the parsers and zero in on the fault elements.
| V2 works fine if the call doesn't generate a fault.
|
| I'm looking for a work around, solution and/or
| confirmation.  I'm not beating up the oracle parser.
|
| thanks for any help
|
| --- Steve Muench <St...@oracle.com> wrote:
| > This error is thrown by the soap client libraries,
| > not the Oracle JAXP implementation.
| >
| > If this is indeed the XML returned by the server:
| >

| > <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
| > <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
| > <faultstring>service 'urn:test:echo2'
| > unknown</faultstring>
| > <faultactor>/winxml/rpcrouter</faultactor>
| > </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
| > </SOAP-ENV:Body>
| > </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
| >
| > Then this is not parseable because is uses
| > the "SOAP-ENV" namespace *prefix* without
| > including a matching xmlns:SOAP-ENV="..."
| > namespace declaration.
| >
| > I doubt any (XML 1.0 + Namespaces) parser would
| > parse this.
| >

| __________________________________________________________
| > Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Evangelist,
| > Author
| > Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
| >
| http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
| > Building Oracle XML Apps,
| > www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp

| > |
| > | has any one ecountered this before?  i saw a
| > reference
| > | in the archive regarding similiar probelm with
| > xerces
| > | 1.3.1, but solution was use a different version of
| > | xerces.  (i wish i had that option)
| > |
| > | worst case i'll can update the code to output
| > | qualified names but i hate to do that. (testing,
| > | interop, etc.)
| > |
| > | is it valid xml to have unqualifed name mixed in
| > when
| > | using namespaces?
| > |
| > | thanks for any help
| > |
| > | ** soap message from server
| > |
| > | <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
| > | <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
| > | <faultstring>service 'urn:test:echo2'
| > | unknown</faultstring>
| > | <faultactor>/winxml/rpcrouter</faultactor>
| > | </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
| > | </SOAP-ENV:Body>
| > | </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
| > |
| > | ***  Original Messages
| > |
| > | SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Client, A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
| > |
| > |
| > | [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
| > |
| > targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.]
| > |
| > |
| > | at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
| > | at
| > |

| test.client.EchoClient.invokeEchoString(EchoClient.java:200)
| > | at test.client.EchoClient.main(EchoClient.java:25)
| > | Root Cause = A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
| > | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
| > | 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault'
| > | element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
| > | at
| > org.apache.soap.Fault.unmarshall(Fault.java:331)
| > | at
| > |

| org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.unmarshall(RPCMessage.java:363)
| > | at
| > |

| org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.extractFromEnvelope(RPCMessage.java:197)
| > | at
| > |

| org.apache.soap.rpc.Response.extractFromEnvelope(Response.java:142)
| > | at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:233)
| > | at
| > |

| test.client.EchoClient.invokeEchoString(EchoClient.java:200)
| > | at test.client.EchoClient.main(EchoClient.java:25)
| > |
| > | Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free
| > email!
| > | http://mail.yahoo.com/
| > |

Posted by Robert Quinn <rd...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Robert Quinn <rd...@yahoo.com>.

weblogic6.1 and soap2.2

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.
I'm trying to deploy a soap2.2 web service on weblogic 6.1, I have
soap2.2 as a war file and I can see the jsp's for the admin and I can
deploy a web service just fine, but when I try to hit it with a client I
get the following null pointer exception error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.clearBuffer
(ChunkOutput.java:231)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.flush(Chunk
Output.java:251)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutputWrapper.flus
h(ChunkOutputWrapper.java:152)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl
.flush(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:119)
        at org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.writeT
o(TransportMessage.java:462)
        at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPo
st(RPCRouterServlet.java:347)
..
..
Now, I checked the mail-archive to see if others have run into the
problem, and it seems that they have, but I was not able to find a
resolution.  Is there one? and if there is what is it?

-thanks
Gus

--
Gus Delgado
Consultant

Re: Oracle V2 parser doesn't like unqualfied 'fault' elements

weblogic6.1 and soap2.2