Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/30 10:26:42 UTC

[m1] Sharing source code between projects?

Hi,

Firstly, I'm using Maven 1. What's the best practice for sharing source
code, because I need to build several different ear artifacts for the same
project?

I'm thinking I should separate each ear into its own Maven project, however,
all the ears need the same source code.

At the moment I've adapted the ear plugin so I can do something like:

<ear.bundle.{artifactName}>true</ear.bundle.{artifactName}>

so with other "hacks" I can generate different ear's in the same project.
However, I want to change it so I'm doing the best practice.

Many thanks,

Mike

Re: [m1] Sharing source code between projects?

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 8/30/05, Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,

Do you really mean to say you are dependent on the "source code"? Seems like
you would be dependent on the artifact that gets produced from building the
common source code.

--
Jamie Bisotti

RE: [m1] Sharing source code between projects?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Michael,