Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by "Robert J. Carr" <rj...@apl.washington.edu> on 2004/03/12 21:22:16 UTC

how to get rid of localhost

I have pluto up and running and I've even deployed a couple custom
portlets.  However, I need to show what I've done to some managers /
other people, but all the URLs in the portlet (for window/mode states as
well as URLs in content area) are always prepended with localhost:8080,
even though I came to the portlet via the server name.

So ... how is this localhost getting there, and more importantly, how do
I get rid of it and point to the server I initiall requested (as
everything else I've seen work).

Thanks!

Re: how to get rid of localhost

Posted by Michael Westbay <we...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Carr-san wrote:

 >[...] but all the URLs in the portlet (for window/mode states as
 > well as URLs in content area) are always prepended with localhost:8080,
 > even though I came to the portlet via the server name.

You need to set the host.name property in
$WEBAPPS_HOME/pluto/WEB-INF/config/services/ConfigService.properties the
the correct DNS host name.  Also change the host.port.http property to
the appropriate value if it is not 8080.  (I discovered this because
FreeBSD's ports installs Tomcat to port 8180 by default.)

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Westbay