Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by SHAWN E SMITH <se...@psu.edu> on 2016/04/20 20:52:26 UTC

Contribution of a declaritive SCIM based identity solution to the Apache Directory project

All,

We would like to contribute our efforts to create a declarative identity solution based on the ratified SCIM 2.0 specification.  The approach taken integrates naturally with many existing Apache directory projects, to include providing the opportunity to create and end to end identity and identity assurance solution.  This effort is an evolution of a pre-ratified SCIM Solution that we have been running operationally for over 3 years that currently manages more than 3 million users.  The concrete solution is backed by the Apache Fortress project running against OpenLDAP.  That solution will remain our production approach  moving forward.  Our project can be located at https://github.com/PennState/scim.  Any and all feedback will be gratefully taken.

Thanks for your consideration,
Shawn S., Chris H., Steve M. & Alex H.

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
--Martin Fowler

Shawn Smith
Director of Software Engineering
Administrative Information Services
814-321-5227
ses44@psu.edu

Re: Contribution of a declaritive SCIM based identity solution to the Apache Directory project

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Too much ouzo! Celebrating the origin of our cultural world is quite
demanding!

Otherwise, I'm all in for the proposal !

Le lundi 25 avril 2016, Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Pennsylshawn,
>
> It seems Emmanuel is out galavanting around the Greek Isles in search of
> new kinds of bugs and what not.  ;-)  So, we may have to wait until he
> decides to come back for a response.
>
> Arkanshawn
>
> > On Apr 20, 2016, at 1:52 PM, SHAWN E SMITH <ses44@psu.edu <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > We would like to contribute our efforts to create a declarative identity
> solution based on the ratified SCIM 2.0 specification.  The approach taken
> integrates naturally with many existing Apache directory projects, to
> include providing the opportunity to create and end to end identity and
> identity assurance solution.  This effort is an evolution of a pre-ratified
> SCIM Solution that we have been running operationally for over 3 years that
> currently manages more than 3 million users.  The concrete solution is
> backed by the Apache Fortress project running against OpenLDAP.  That
> solution will remain our production approach  moving forward.  Our project
> can be located at https://github.com/PennState/scim.  Any and all
> feedback will be gratefully taken.
> >
> > Thanks for your consideration,
> > Shawn S., Chris H., Steve M. & Alex H.
> >
> > Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers
> write code that humans can understand.
> > --Martin Fowler
> >
> > Shawn Smith
> > Director of Software Engineering
> > Administrative Information Services
> > 814-321-5227
> > ses44@psu.edu <javascript:;>

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Contribution of a declaritive SCIM based identity solution to the Apache Directory project

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
Pennsylshawn,