Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 21:24:58 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache/2.2.13 : Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 error

> Is he really running port 80 on 0.0.0.0 - or is that his edit to
> obscure his real IP number? If he can't identify another process
> occupying port 80, he may want to take a closer look at his Apache
> configuration file.

0.0.0.0 means all IPV4 addresses/interfaces on the system.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

[users@httpd] htcacheclean

Posted by Geoff Millikan <gm...@t1shopper.com>.
How big do we set our mod_disk_cache cache?  100 Megs?  1 Gig?

"Determining how frequently to run htcacheclean and what target size to use
for the cache is somewhat complex and trial and error may be needed to
select optimal values."
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/caching.html#disk

[users@httpd] mod_disk_cache -> How big do we set the cache?

Posted by Geoff Millikan <gm...@t1shopper.com>.
Question: What are the rules of thumb for setting the size of the cache?

Fact: The memory usage on the server is below for reference.

Fact: htcacheclean will continuously prune the cache to a certain size.

Fact: When the cache got to 587,692 items taking up 2.2GB of disk space I
started getting this error, "(103)Software caused connection abort: cache:
error returned while trying to return disk cached data"

Fact: I already read the manual, "Determining how frequently to run
htcacheclean and what target size to use for the cache is somewhat complex
and trial and error may be needed to select optimal values."
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/caching.html#disk

shell> free -m
Memo:         15425      14644        781          0       1046       8867
-/+ buffers/cache:       4731      10694
Swap:         1983          0       1983

shell> cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:     15796044 kB
MemFree:        794144 kB
Buffers:       1071256 kB
Cached:        9080128 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:       10197176 kB
Inactive:      4076964 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:     15796044 kB
LowFree:        794144 kB
SwapTotal:     2031608 kB
SwapFree:      2031544 kB
Dirty:             908 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:     4122388 kB
Mapped:          32604 kB
Slab:           651948 kB
PageTables:      46564 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:   9929628 kB
Committed_AS:  8145084 kB
VmallocTotal: 34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed:      2164 kB
VmallocChunk: 34359735859 kB
HugePages_Total:     0
HugePages_Free:      0
HugePages_Rsvd:      0
Hugepagesize:     2048 kB

Posted by Reese <ho...@inkworkswell.com>.
On 02-Apr-10 14:24, Eric Covener wrote:
>> Is he really running port 80 on 0.0.0.0 - or is that his edit to
>> obscure his real IP number? If he can't identify another process
>> occupying port 80, he may want to take a closer look at his Apache
>> configuration file.
>
> 0.0.0.0 means all IPV4 addresses/interfaces on the system.

Huh, I thought it would/should have reported the IP number assigned to
the machine. But then, Apache probably doesn't care what the IP number
is, does it? I'll have to read up on that.

Reese