Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Lukasz Lech <l....@ringler.ch> on 2021/04/30 11:55:26 UTC

"Uninstall bundle is not supported in the static installer" when trying to use feature wrap

Hello,

After upgrading to Karaf 4.2.11 I've found an unpleasant surprise of finding out, that the karaf doesn't start with the message
'Unknown protocol wrap'

I've found out that I should be expected to use feature wrap: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35289763/karaf-pax-exam-fails-with-unknown-protocol-wrap

I've added that requirement to one of my projects (which solved the problem and the karaf startet correctly)
however in the 2nd project, where I'm also using 'wrap:' I get mysterious error:

"Uninstall bundle is not supported in the static installer"

I've found no workaroud for it, the only possibility is to remove the  apparently required line:
<feature prerequisite="true">wrap</feature>

So now I'm puzzled, what I'm expected to do.
Without feature:wrap the karaf doesn't start.
With, the karaf verify plugin fails.
The worst thing is, it doesn't predicably fail, because I can't see a significant difference between those 2 problems...

Any help appreciated

Best regards,
Lukasz Lech

Re: "Uninstall bundle is not supported in the static installer" when trying to use feature wrap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Do you use static or dynamic kind of distribution ? Do you have a simple pom to reproduce it ? I can take a look.

Wrap is required as soon as you use wrap protocol in a feature.

I don’t see reason changed in 4.2.11.

Regards
JB