Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Chamberlain <ri...@caplin.com> on 2008/02/18 12:48:06 UTC

Creating a more complex archetype

Hi All,

We've been using maven for a while now and would now like to create a
template for jumpstarting new projects specific to our products.

I've had a look at the guide to creating archetypes:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html

but this seems a bit basic.

How do I:

Specify directories outside the "src" directory to be included in the
new project

-          Our projects have files not in the "src" directory, e.g.
"conf" and "docs".

Filter files with the new project name

-          E.g "main-class" attribute in manifest files, headings in
javadoc documents, start scripts etc...

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Creating a more complex archetype

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,
I had a similar issue: including a license file that should be created
in the root of the generated project. I solved it adding a resource
entry like:

<resource filtered="false">LICENSE.txt</resource>

I guess it can work with other resources as well.

HTH
Ste

--
Stefano Fornari - Funambol CTO