Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by james chen <ja...@yahoo.com.tw> on 2002/02/10 02:39:12 UTC

jboss

Hi:
can I ask a stupit and basic question ......??
I am working on a project of my own. I was wondering if I wish to provide a service which requires a database connection, do I have to use JBoss??
Could I get a way with just use JDBC in the "service class" to send and reply the query in that way ?
thanks
james chen

---------------------------------
  www.yahoo.com.tw

RE: jboss

Posted by Dennis Petersen <fe...@software.dk>.
Certainly.
JBoss is a J2EE compliant application server that manages applications.
Database connections does not have to be run from within an
application server.
Sincerely,
Dennis Petersen

  < 每天都 Yahoo!奇摩 > www.yahoo.com.tw