Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kate Ebneter <ka...@ning.com> on 2008/10/21 18:07:57 UTC

Recommended process for initializing merge-tracking on existing repository

Hi,

Is there a recommended process/procedure for initializing merge-tracking on
an existing repository that has been upgraded to 1.5? In other words, I have
a repository that has been using old-style merging (not using svnmerge.py)
and we've updated to 1.5 (and upgraded the repository). Is there a
recommended way to start doing merges in the new manner? Some way to tell
svn what has already been merged?

Thanks,
Kate Ebneter
Build Engineer
Ning, Inc.

Re: Recommended process for initializing merge-tracking on existing repository

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Nizet <jn...@gmail.com>.
Kate Ebneter <kate <at> ning.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a recommended process/procedure for initializing merge-tracking on
> an existing repository that has been upgraded to 1.5? In other words, I have
> a repository that has been using old-style merging (not using svnmerge.py)
> and we've updated to 1.5 (and upgraded the repository). Is there a
> recommended way to start doing merges in the new manner? Some way to tell
> svn what has already been merged?

Use svn merge of all the already merged revisions with the --record-only option.
This will initialize the svn:mergeinfo property.

JB.