Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Thomas Termin <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/10 05:31:54 UTC

karaf maven plugin configfilename

Hello,

I have a feature which contain a configfile like:

<configfile finalname='/etc/FinalFile.cfg' override="false">
      mvn:my.package/MyArtifact/1.0.0/cfg/file-cfg
</configfile>

If I put the feature which contains the configfile within the
<installedFeatures> of my custom karaf pom file, all referenced bundles
are installed within the system directory. But the configfile is just
ignored. That leads of course to the problem, that the installation of
the features failed if there is no maven repository available which is
the case for my environment. I need the configfile also in the system
directory. It is easy reproduceable with cellar. If you put cellar in
the installFeatures section you cannot install it without an online
maven repo because the config files are not within the system dir. For
the startupFeatures and bootFeatures it will work. But I don't want to
put my features within startup or boot. Btw. with the old karaf2.x it
worked perferct. What is the trick now? Karaf version tried: 4.0.6, 4.0.7

Regards,
Thomas

Re: karaf maven plugin configfilename

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

Could you please raise a JIRA issue for that ?

Guillaume

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: karaf maven plugin configfilename

Posted by Thomas Termin <th...@gmail.com>.
Opened issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4805 and provide a
patch for it via pull request.

Posted by Thomas Termin <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jean-Baptiste,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Thomas,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: karaf maven plugin configfilename

Posted by Thomas Termin <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

below is the pom file I use for my custom karaf example. As you can see i
put the cellar feature within the installedFeature. I do this that I can
install it offline without a maven repo. But at the end there is no cfg
file within the system directory. I saw already within the maven plugin
code that the configfile are ignored and not copied like the bundles.

Regards,
Thomas

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="