Posted to users-cn@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org> on 2014/03/25 15:05:23 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 Released

Announcing Apache CloudStack 4.3.0

Tue Mar 25 2014 09:47:06 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Flexible, scalable, Open Source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) used
by organizations such as Zynga, Datapipe, and ISWest, among others, for
creating, managing, and deploying public, private, and hybrid Cloud
Computing environments

Forest Hill, MD --25 March 2014-- The Apache Software Foundation (ASF),
the all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 170
Open Source projects and initiatives, today announced Apache CloudStack
v4.3, the latest feature release of the CloudStack cloud orchestration
platform.

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public,
private, and hybrid cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking,
software, and storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack became an
Apache Top-level Project (TLP) in March 2013. "We are proud to announce
CloudStack v4.3," said Hugo Trippaers, Vice President of Apache
CloudStack. "This release represents over six months of work from the
Apache CloudStack community with many new and improved features."

Under The Hood

CloudStack V4.3 is the next feature release of the 4.x line which first
released on November 6, 2012. Some of the noteworthy new and improved
features include:

- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V - Apache CloudStack can now manage Hyper-V
  hypervisors in addition to KVM, XenServer, VMware, LXC, and Bare Metal
- Juniper OpenContrail integration - OpenContrail is a software defined
  networking controller from Juniper that CloudStack now integrates with
  to provide SDN services
- SSL Termination support for guest VMs - Apache CloudStack can configure
  and manage SSL termination in certain load balancer devices
- Palo Alto Firewall integration - Apache CloudStack can now manage and
  configure Palo Alto firewalls
- Remote access VPN for VPC networks - CloudStack's remote access VPN is
  now available for Virtual Private Cloud networks
- Site to Site VPN between VRs - CloudStack now allows site-to-site VPN
  connectivity to it's virtual routing devices. This permits your cloud
  computing environment to appear as a natural extension of your local
  network, or for you to easily interconnect multiple environments
- VXLAN support expansion to include KVM - CloudStack's support for
  integrating VXLAN, the network virtualization technology that attempts
  to ameliorate scalability problems with traditional networking
- SolidFire plugin extension to support KVM and hypervisor snapshots for
  XenServer and ESX - SolidFire provides guaranteed Storage Quality of
  Service at the Virtual Machine level
- Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically
  scale the resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for
  those hypervisors which support it

Downloads and Documentation

The official source code for the v4.3 release, as well as individual
contributors' convenience binaries, can be downloaded from the Apache
CloudStack downloads page at http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

The CloudStack 4.2 release includes over 110 issues from 4.2.0 and
4.2.1, including fixes for object storage support, documentation, and
more. A full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions are
available in the Release Notes
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes

Official installation, administration, and API documentation for each
release is available at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/
Apache CloudStack in Action

Join members of the Apache CloudStack community at the CloudStack
Collaboration Conference, taking place 9-11 April 2014 immediately
following ApacheCon. For more information, visit
http://cloudstackcollab.org

Availability and Oversight

As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack v4.3 is released under
the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of
active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC)
guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases. For documentation and ways to become
involved with Apache CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/

About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)

Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than one
hundred and seventy leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP
Server --the world's most popular Web server software. Through the ASF's
meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way," more than 400 individual
Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely
available enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users
worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed under the
Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing
lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official
user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3)
charitable organization, funded by individual donations and corporate
sponsors including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook,
Google, Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg,
Microsoft, Pivotal, Produban, WANdisco, and Yahoo.

For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on
Twitter.

"Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are
trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and
trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 Released

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
To get the semantics right, all our sources and packages are OSS, we are an Apache project and all our software is available with the Apache License V2.

The only reason we are not releasing packages with the “noredist” flag is not because they are not open source (because they are open source! ), but because they depend on libraries with licenses that we can’t distribute with the policies set by the ASF. Hence the name “noredist”ributable packages.

You can use profiles to enable specific features during the maven build like mysqlha, vmware, f5 or use the convenience flag “noredist” to enable all profiles that require libraries that we can’t redistribute.

Cheers,

Hugo

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
The RPM packages are noredist. The deb packages are not.
Will they remain that way? I don't know, it's really up to whoever
packages and puts them up. The packages are not an artifact from the
Apache CloudStack project.

Posted by Ryan Lei <ry...@cht.com.tw>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antone Heyward <th...@gmail.com>.

--
Antone
@thehyperadvisor

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 Released

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Antone Heyward <th...@gmail.com>.

--
Antone
@thehyperadvisor

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 Released

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
David is working on the RPMs

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 25.03.2014 14:28, Chip Childers wrote:
> Website issues should all be resolved now.  Thanks for noticing this.

Also http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.3/ doesn't work (404). Nobody
built the RPMs?

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 Released

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 03/25/2014 03:28 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Website issues should all be resolved now.  Thanks for noticing this.

I also fixed the Ubuntu packages. They were there, but not properly
indexed by the mirror.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chip,

I've tried to reach acs 4.3 onto http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.3/ but
the directory does not exists.

Regards, Benoit Lair.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sumita Gorla <Su...@citrix.com>.
Hi Chip

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
Instructions for updating are here (including how to do the RPM
updates): http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/latest/rnotes.html

The community provided RPM repo URL changes for each feature release.
New repo is here: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.3/

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Enciso,

I am not sure I understand your question correctly but I think the
answer is no! You should make your yum can find the package yourself.
I don't think ACS is packaged in any rpm repo.

--
Daan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack 4.3.0 Released

Posted by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com>.