Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Moss <bi...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/05 21:49:28 UTC

DBTags write resultsets into javascript, caching

Off topic but I'm hoping someone has experience with these two questions:

1) What's the best way to have one select box influence another select box's
choices? I'm thinking JavaScript. My scenario is, one select box has a list
of places, based on place selected, sub-places should show in other box. If
I chose kitchen, other select box might show, sink, cupboard, etc. but not
bed - which would show along with dresser if I chose bedroom.

In my DB there is a relation between place and sub-place. Has anyone written
dbtags resultsets into JavasSript arrays or functions? Is there an easier
way?

2) Is there any caching of dbtags queries? Would this be handled using a
pool? Can dbtags use a pool? I have a form that makes significant/expensive
queries and would rather it be cached resultsets.

Thanks,
Bill Moss