Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by vinay i <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 12:38:34 UTC

svn: Can't open '/my_rep/db/txn-current.tmp': Permission denied

Hi
One of my colleague created a subversion repository. I checked out a module
and I am trying to commit a file. I am getting this error svn: Can't open
'/my_rep/db/txn-current.tmp': Permission denied. It fails even after
changing the group of the module to a group to which both of us belong. What
needs to be done?

-Vinay

Re: svn: Can't open '/my_rep/db/txn-current.tmp': Permission denied

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 09:29, vinay i <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a "svn co file:///my_rep/Project1/src". Then when I tired to commit a
> file in src folder I got that error.

It's most likely your umask setting, and/or filesystem ACLs.

2 people sharing a repository like this is not recommended. You really
ought to be running a Subversion server.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.choosing.html#svn.serverconfig.choosing.recommendations

Posted by vinay i <vi...@gmail.com>.
I did a "svn co file:///my_rep/Project1/src". Then when I tired to commit a
file in src folder I got that error.

Thanks
Vinay

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.