Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/10/07 23:55:49 UTC

[ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

I am glad to announce Cayenne 2.0.1 release - our first release via
Apache incubator:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAY/2006/10/07/

Enjoy!

Andrus

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
In case of 2.0.x - yes (as Maven artifacts are built with Ant; for
3.0 the repo is set up in pom.xml and then "mvn deploy" does the
job). Also "mvn deploy:deply-file" is a better alternative to scp:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-remote.html

Site sources are located here (just type ant in the site project dir
and it will print the upload instructions)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/site/

Andrus

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Not a problem.

There are no snapshots, you have to build them with Ant. Check out
2.0.1 tag from here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/
cayenne/

Then build them:

cd cayenne-ant
ant mvn-install -Dproject.version=2.0.1-incubating

This will place the snapshots in your local repo. "cayenne-ant/
maven/" contains the pom templates used in the build. As far as I can
tell the group names are already converted to Apache, so you won't
need to change them.

Andrus

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Ok, looks like the release artifacts (as opposed to snapshot
artifacts) should go in here:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/

which resolves to this server path:

Re: Restored (Was: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released)

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Bill,

I agree about redundancy. There is no need for any special
permissions, and you should be able to update that folder with your
Apache UNIX login. Regarding documentation for the release procedure,
we have a page under dev guide describing how to assemble (but not
how to push) 1.2 and 2.0 releases:

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/release-guide.html

I think there are still some problems with Confluence Auto Export
plugin, but once this is resolved, we may add a section on how to
push the release.

Andrus

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@mac.com>.
Hey Andrus,

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Re: Re: Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released

Posted by Giulio Cesare Solaroli <gi...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

thank you very much for your kind attention.

I am downloading the DMG from your .mac account right now. For me this
is more than enougth at the moment.

Thank your again for your kind effort.

Best regards,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I've put a snapshot here temporarily until the Apache servers are back online:

http://homepage.mac.com/blacknext

Posted by Giulio Cesare Solaroli <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 2.0.1 released