Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/11/19 19:48:03 UTC

org.apache.cxf.transports.http_jetty.DontClosePort versus port reuse (CXF-1217)

I'm struggling to get some tests to run reliably in the face of the
continued setting of

org.apache.cxf.transports.http_jetty.DontClosePort

under maven. If the SO_REUSEADDR code is in place, can we turn this off?
I think this is the root evil at the base of CXF-1217: the engine is
hanging around even after the bus is long gone.

AbstractCXFTest shuts down the bus in an @After, so I'm trapped either
way. If I try to leave servers up for the entire test class, that @After
shoots them down. If I try to depend on cycling the configuration, the
DontClosePort flag leaves the engine up on the background with chaotic
results.