Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Helge Smebye <he...@geodata.no> on 2000/05/05 12:17:16 UTC

using the java api for creating a XML DOCUMENT

Please help !

After searching the documentation from sun for a long time I still cant
figure out how to add
tags like

<?xml-stylesheet href="recordsets.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>

to my document.  How do I do this if I shall use the DOM api from sun ??

-helge

Re: using the java api for creating a XML DOCUMENT

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
> After searching the documentation from sun for a long time I still cant
> figure out how to add
> tags like
>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="recordsets.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
>
> to my document.  How do I do this if I shall use the DOM api from sun ??

Did you try using Document.createProcessingInstruction()?  This should work
in any DOM implementation, not just Sun's.