Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Vlad Rozov <v....@datatorrent.com> on 2015/09/22 16:46:26 UTC

Re: Window Commits

Atri,

The buffer server operates on data blocks, not on time windows. Tuples
with the same time window are not guaranteed to belong to the same
buffer server data block.

There are few enhancements left open after I moved persistence of data
blocks to a different thread:

1. When persisting a block keep reference to in-memory data if number of
in-memory blocks does not exceed the maximum allowed
2. Introduce option to spool a block to disk when X or more blocks have
in-memory reference
3. Improve block eviction selection

Thank you,

Vlad