Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <tk...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2001/05/02 19:42:18 UTC

Re: Threads in Batik

Hi,

> Two short questions:

> - Batik doesn´t seem to create any threads when transcoding
>  static SVG -> Rasterimage. Correct?

Well, Batik creates Thread while transcoding but not for the transcoding
purpose :) Just a thread to clean some cache sometimes.

You can ask for details to thomas.

> If the above is correct, is it safe to assume that this
>  will be the case in the future?

we don't have any plan to add threading stuff in the transcoders.

> When calling transcoder.transcode() with a SVG-DOM as InputSource,
> will the DOM be traversed in the Thread calling transcode()?

The SVG DOM is not thread safe and we don't plan to synchonize our SVG DOM
implementation.

Regards,
Thierry.