Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2014/10/08 03:50:31 UTC

Falcon/FalconJX installation broken

Hi,

And the nightly falcon installation is broken, but this looks like an installation script issue.

Version 3.1.0 (mac)
Using Locale: en_AU
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
AIR version 14.0
Flash Player version 14.0
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex Falcon Compiler from:http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-falcon/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/out/apache-flex-falcon-0.0.3-bin.tar.gz
Verifying Apache Flex Falcon MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex Falcon MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the reference. The file is valid.
Unzipping: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlexTest/temp/apache-flex-falcon-0.0.3-bin.tar.gz
Finished unzipping: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlexTest/temp/apache-flex-falcon-0.0.3-bin.tar.gz
FLEX_HOME not specified. Environment variable not used.

FalconJX fails in a similar way:

Downloading Apache Flex FalconJX Compiler from:http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-falcon/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/out/apache-flex-falconjx-0.0.3-bin.tar.gz
Verifying Apache Flex Falcon MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex Falcon MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the reference. The file is valid.
Unzipping: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlexTest/temp/apache-flex-falconjx-0.0.3-bin.tar.gz
Finished unzipping: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlexTest/temp/apache-flex-falconjx-0.0.3-bin.tar.gz
FLEX_HOME not specified. Environment variable not used.

Justin

Re: Falcon/FalconJX installation broken

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Kevin,

My recommended workflow for FlexJS is to build a SWF first and debug it
because the Flash Player VM and the IDE’s debugger should make that a
pretty fast edit/compile/debug cycle.  So typically, you want to build the
SWF first by either integrating bin/mxmlc into the IDE or calling it
directly.

Then, once you think you’ve debugged your logic, you can take the longer
trip of cross-compiling your code by running js/bin/mxmlc.

So, for IntelliJ for now, you might need both.

FlashBuilder does not use bin/mxmlc so that’s probably why chmod is
needed.  Feel free to file a bug and/or submit a patch to the install
script for that.

There might be a bug for how SCRIPT_HOME works in js/bin/mxmlc so if you
have a patch for that, that would be great as well.

Are you otherwise up and running?

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
If you are just trying to use FlexJS, don’t worry about installing Falcon.
 The FlexJS installation process will install Falcon/FalconJX for you.

If you are trying to install Falcon/FalconJX for other purposes, the
script is trying to find an Apache Flex SDK folder.  The script could be
broken, I haven’t used it in a while.

-Alex