Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/04 20:31:31 UTC

Fwd: IoT at the ASF -- ApacheCon and Project DOAPs [was: Does your project play in the IoT space?]

The first Apache IoT mini-con is happening this year at ApacheCon, Miami!!

http://us.apacheiot.org/

The following is a snipped from Roman Shaponshnik on the dev@community
list, perfectly describes the spirit of the mini-con:

"The whole premise of the track will be "Not your gramps IoT" which means
that unlike IoT events that grew out of the embedded industry we're talking
a very holistic, system view on IoT. Our hope is that Apache IoT will be a
meeting place for next generation IoT 2.0 built by developer, for
developers under the Apache Way governance model.

ASF's breadth starts making a lot of sense when you consider what kind of
technology is needed to build an end-to-end user experience in IoT 2.0: you
start at the edge, you consider the gateways, go to a data center and end
up on a client mobile device. All technology providers are now realizing
that the key to success is allowing developers unprecedented ease of
management and deployment of their business logic all throughout these
layers. Just look at what Amazon is doing with Lambda on the edge
(Amazon's Greengrass)!

The good news is that at ASF we've got all the building blocks available to
us in various communities. So regardless of whether you're an Apache
Mynewt (incubating) developer working on the far fringes of the edge, or
you are a Apache Brooklyn developer automating microservices provisioning
or you're plumbing data streams with Kafka, NiFi or Geode or
you're analyzing that data with Hadoop or you're a Tomcat or httpd
guru facilitating the end-user experience -- we all have pieces to
contribute to the IoT 2.0 puzzle."

I apologize for the mass email (and if you got this multiple times)
however, the Call for Submissions closes February 11th.  All of the
communities copied have something of significance to contribute to IoT, and
the list is not exhaustive- please feel free to forward to any who might be
interested.

Thanks and see you in Miami!

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

Fwd: Fwd: IoT at the ASF -- ApacheCon and Project DOAPs [was: Does your project play in the IoT space?]

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Does River have/need a position on the general Apache IoT push?

Re: Fwd: IoT at the ASF -- ApacheCon and Project DOAPs [was: Does your project play in the IoT space?]

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 02/08/2017 07:49 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 02/04/2017 09:31 PM, Trevor Grant wrote:
>> The first Apache IoT mini-con is happening this year at ApacheCon, Miami!!
>>
>> http://us.apacheiot.org/
>
> Will you check both Big data and core submissions or just core?

The IoT site links to the "core" CFP. However, the two events share
papers that don't seem to fit where they landed.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: Fwd: IoT at the ASF -- ApacheCon and Project DOAPs [was: Does your project play in the IoT space?]

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 02/04/2017 09:31 PM, Trevor Grant wrote:
> The first Apache IoT mini-con is happening this year at ApacheCon, Miami!!
>
> http://us.apacheiot.org/

Will you check both Big data and core submissions or just core?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: IoT at the ASF -- ApacheCon and Project DOAPs [was: Does your project play in the IoT space?]

Posted by Tony Faustini <to...@litbit.com>.
This is a great opportunity to build bridges with others and let folks know what we are doing with iota. Anyone planning on going to Miami? Anyone want to represent iota in Miami? I hope to be able to go anyone else planning to be there?
Any thoughts on how we use Miami to enhance the visibility of iota?  Let’s get our first release out before Miami!

-Tony

Posted by Tony Faustini <to...@litbit.com>.