Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2021/01/14 03:08:28 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC0) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate, hbase-2.4.1RC0.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.4.1

The tag to be voted on is 2.4.1RC0:

    https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.4.1RC0

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.1RC0/

Temporary Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:

    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1430/

Artifacts were signed with the apurtell@apache.org key which can be found
in:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The API compatibility report for this RC can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.1RC0/api_compare_2.4.0_to_2.4.1RC0.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see

    http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I fixed a few I found but missed these.

I will have to sink this RC.

Please help avoid this problem by only committing when patches or PRs are
ready for all the branches where the change is going to be committed, and
take care when resolving an issue to set fix versions correctly at that
time. It is the responsibility of committers to keep JIRA state in good
order as much as any other activity like PR review and merging. JIRA is the
source of truth for our release tools and RC process.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Andrew for cross checking this!

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Viraj,

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.

Re: [WITHDRAWN] [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I found and fixed an error.

It also appears someone or someones else fixed a few more fix versions. My
thanks to whomever that was.

--
Best regards,
Andrew