Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/23 15:28:13 UTC

RootLogger Default Level

Hi,

what is the expected default Level of the RootLogger? I couldn't find
a definition on Log4j website, but everything looks like ALL is. If
so, I need to change the LoggerHierarchyTest, which fails currently,
cause it brings ALL and expected DEBUG.

It hasn't shown up yet cause it runs successfully with phpunit .
But phpunit LoggerHierarchyTest brought up an error. This isn't very
good too, any idea why that was?

However, I ll put RootLogger expected default level to ALL now, hope
thats fine. If not, shoout

Cheers
Christian

Re: RootLogger Default Level

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> what is the expected default Level of the RootLogger?
>
> It should be ALL :)

Then all is good :-)
Test tested for "DEBUG". This is fixed

Thanks!

Re: RootLogger Default Level

Posted by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.no>.
Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> what is the expected default Level of the RootLogger?
It should be ALL :)

Knut

Re: RootLogger Default Level

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
log4j sets the hierarchy threshold to ALL and the rootLogger level to
DEBUG.  The level is set in the static initializer of
org.apache.log4j.LogManager and reinforced in
Hierarchy.resetConfiguration which documents that it resets the root
logger to DEBUG.