Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yuriy Zubarev <yu...@yahoo.ca> on 2001/04/09 19:52:11 UTC

Default value

Hello friends,

I'm trying to give default value to some form elements by assigning this
value in 'reset' method of 'ActionForm' child class, but it's not working:
text boxes have no text, select elements always show the first item.

Any advices will be highly appreciated.

Best of luck,
Yuriy Zubarev

Re: Default value

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Yuriy Zubarev wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I'm trying to give default value to some form elements by assigning this
> value in 'reset' method of 'ActionForm' child class, but it's not working:
> text boxes have no text, select elements always show the first item.
>
> Any advices will be highly appreciated.
>
> Best of luck,
> Yuriy Zubarev

We'd need to see the relevant portions of your ActionForm bean, the
struts-config.xml file, and the JSp apge using this form to identify
exactly what is going on.

Craig