Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/02/08 10:13:34 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Kylin - February 2022

The mission of Apache Kylin is the creation and maintenance of
software related to a distributed and scalable OLAP engine.

## Issues:
No issue needs the board's attention.

## Membership Data:
We need invite more developers into our community.

Apache Kylin was founded 2015-11-18 (6 years ago)
There are currently 47 committers and 24 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Xiaoxiang Yu on 2020-10-08.
- No new committers. Last addition was Shengjun Zheng on 2021-07-07.

## Project Activity:
By the end of Jan 2022, Kylin Community released two minor versions
3.1.3 and 4.0.1, which fixed six reported security issues.

3.1.3 was released on 2022-01-05.
4.0.1 was released on 2022-01-05.
4.0.0 was released on 2021-08-31.

## Community Health:
Since Nov 2021, Kylin Community has been designing and developing some
features including Kylin 4 on AWS, new metadata definition,
new semantic layer which supports connecting Kylin via MDX.

dev@kylin.apache.org had a 42% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (101
emails compared to 173)
issues@kylin.apache.org had a 31% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
(790 emails compared to 1130)
41 issues opened in JIRA,past quarter (-31% change)
37 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (19%increase)
88 commits in the past quarter (-37% change)
38 code contributors in the past quarter (245% increase)
46 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (4% increase)
42 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-12% change)

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC,
Apache Incubator PMC,