Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> on 2007/06/19 16:03:16 UTC

Force install 3.2.1 failed

I install SA via cpan, so bug 5010 was there preventing it.

I tried two cases on separate machines.

1st one I hit ctrl-C while in testing phase, closed cpan shell, and went to .cpan/build/SpamAssassin* directory. Changed the ownership of all file to -R spam:spam which is an ordinary user there, and executed "make test". Went thru. Then chowned everything again to -R root:root, and said "make install". Installed.

2nd machined went with cpan "force install Mail::SpamAssassin". Installed.

Neither of these worked. No error messages, but they just did not catch any tests, and all mail, spam or ham, went as 0 points.

Ok, failure.

Donwloaded 3.2.0 tarball from apache web site (sourceforge) and installed as root to both these machines, now it works as expected.

3.2.1 just does not make it. spamassassin -D --lint didn't tell me anything specific when trying with 3.2.1. Loaded all kinds of tests, but everything scored as 0. No error messages at all though. Just 0 scores.

Platforms Linux Red Hat 7.3 and Linux Debian Etch.