Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 01:44:02 UTC

Topic missing Leader and Isr

I checked out the Kafka 0.8.2 branch and used the "./bin/kafka-topics.sh"
script to create a topic:

 ./bin/kafka-topics.sh -create -zookeeper zk-node:2181 -partitions 12
-replication-factor 1 -topic my-topic`

But when I use the "--describe" to look at the topic both the 'Leader' and
'Isr' are missing. Is this expected of a new/empty topic? If not how to fix
this?

Thanks!

*Sampath Jaini <https://a8c.slack.com/team/skjaini>**[4:38 PM]*

Re: Topic missing Leader and Isr

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Buntu.

Posted by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.
Oh let me further add.  I believe there is no leader/isr when I've
re-created a deleted topic.  If I pick a topic name never seen before I get
a leader/isr.  Were you deleting topics?  Deleting topics is also a good
test of your system.  FYI:

$KAFKA_HOME/bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.admin.DeleteTopicCommand
--zookeeper $ZK --topic test

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.