Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Tokajac <im...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/28 23:44:56 UTC

Stored Procedures AS400: array of cubes instead of text

Hello!

I'm developing an application with Java/iBatis/AS400.

When i call a stored procedure with appropriate IN parameters, for every OUT
parameter value i get an array of small cubes instead of data(String).
Data is taken from user table and it should be username, password, e-mail,
status..., but there are only senseless cubes.
OUTput parameter values (cubes) are logged right after the procedure call.

Have U ever had similar problem with 'mysterious cubes' when working on
AS400?
I appreciate any hint!

Regards

Re: Stored Procedures AS400: array of cubes instead of text

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
This is likely because the AS400 file has CCSID set to 65535 (the default).

The solution is to set the "translate binary" connection property to
"true" on your JDBC URL:

jdbc:as400://servername/as400lib;translate binary=true;

Jeff Butler