Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Paul Chavez <pc...@verticalsearchworks.com> on 2013/03/11 23:07:47 UTC

Auto retry failed action once

Is there a way to have an action that fails repeat itself one time? We are working with a particular pig script that occasionally fails with what appears to be a transient error. At least, when we re-run the script it works. We are working this into a workflow and are looking for a way to have it re-try a failed action once.

First instinct is to use a decision node, but I don't know how to track the state to ensure it only retries once. Second idea was to just implement the action twice, and have <error to="second action">, <ok to="third action">.

Is there a best practice around this type of thing?

thanks,
Paul

RE: Auto retry failed action once

Posted by Paul Chavez <pc...@verticalsearchworks.com>.
I promise I did read that part of the docs! It must have gone over my head, this looks like what I need.

Thank you,
Paul

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Did you try this?