Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <Un...@hippo.nl> on 2001/12/20 14:48:04 UTC

special characters in uri

Hi,

I am having a problem with the url encoding of spécial kind of characters ;)
I checked out a thread in the archives that mentioned the problem in the
1.0.14 version.

I am trying to put an object into slide via WebDav that has the following
uri :

files/pages/lópez.xml

when doing a propfind to find out the url of the created object I get for
that object :

<href>/files/pages/L%C3%B3pez.xml</href>

wich is incorrect because when I try to access it with this url (minus the
/files path) I get a 404.

in fact the displayname property that was created automatically on the
server reads :

<displayname>López</displayname>

actually the above url encoded href element turns out to be the url encoded
version of the the uri that is exactly like the display name :

/files/pages/López.xml

I found out how to retrieve the object files/pages/lópez.xml eventualy. The
uri that does this is :

pages/L%F3pez.xml

NOT the one returned by Slide. Looks like a bug.

regards,

Unico