Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2005/08/04 00:54:04 UTC

r15584: streamy API for retrieval of file contents

Patrick, I've committed Conor's patch which adds a streamy API for
retrieval of versioned file contents.  Since the patch refactors the
native implementation of the SVNClient.fileContent() method (rather than
adding a new API without changing any of the current implementation),
you may want to review this change.  I both reviewed Conor's patch and
made some incidental modifications to it, and assured it passes 'make
check-javahl', but an extra set of eyes never hurts.

Also, I was wondering if the name "writeFileContent" might be more clear
than "streamFileContent" (though the later certainly declares the
streamy nature of the implementation).

- Dan

Re: r15584: streamy API for retrieval of file contents

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 10:58 +1000, Peter McNab wrote:
> Daniel Rall wrote:
>
> >Patrick, I've committed Conor's patch which adds a streamy API for
> >retrieval of versioned file contents.  Since the patch refactors the
> >native implementation of the SVNClient.fileContent() method (rather than
> >adding a new API without changing any of the current implementation),
> >you may want to review this change.  I both reviewed Conor's patch and
> >made some incidental modifications to it, and assured it passes 'make
> >check-javahl', but an extra set of eyes never hurts.
> >
> >Also, I was wondering if the name "writeFileContent" might be more clear
> >than "streamFileContent" (though the later certainly declares the
> >streamy nature of the implementation).
> >
> >- Dan
> >

> How about streamwriteFileContent?

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter.  A little verbose, I think.  Also, the
use of two running verbs doesn't make for the cleanest method name.

Posted by Peter McNab <mc...@melbpc.org.au>.
Daniel Rall wrote:

>Patrick, I've committed Conor's patch which adds a streamy API for
>retrieval of versioned file contents.  Since the patch refactors the
>native implementation of the SVNClient.fileContent() method (rather than
>adding a new API without changing any of the current implementation),
>you may want to review this change.  I both reviewed Conor's patch and
>made some incidental modifications to it, and assured it passes 'make
>check-javahl', but an extra set of eyes never hurts.
>
>Also, I was wondering if the name "writeFileContent" might be more clear
>than "streamFileContent" (though the later certainly declares the
>streamy nature of the implementation).
>
>- Dan

How about streamwriteFileContent?

Peter