Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Benezra, Michael" <MB...@incognito.com> on 2001/11/07 03:22:41 UTC

IBM WSTK and Java SOAP: output parameters?

Is anyone here using IBM's wstk-2.4 to generate Java Proxy and Java Server
Classes? (using their proxygen and servergen tools). The proxygen
essentially generates Java wrapper classes that construct XML for you.

I am trying to make a call and pass a class in Java, I am hoping that the
server can modify the structure and I am expecting it to be returned as an
out parameter, for example:

Suppose this is the server code:
--------------------------------
public void func(MyClass myClass)
{
	myClass.myInt = 1;
}

The client would call:
----------------------
MyClass myClass = new MyClass();
myClass.myInt = 0;
func(myClass);
System.out.println(myClass.myInt);  <--- this still gives me a value of 0
							 I am expecting it
to be 1

The proxygen generates a serializer/deserializer for this class with a
marshall and unmarashall calls. The way I understand it, the client code
should be marshalling to XML before sending the XML and unmarshalling the
XML when it receives the response.

I have put breakpoints in the unmarshalling (deserializer) code on the
client side, it never gets called, I am suspecting that this is the problem.
Does anyone know if the wstk admittedly doesn't support returning output
paramters (because the Java specification obviously does).

Much appreciated any comments that anyone can contribute

Michael