Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by anyz <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 09:09:31 UTC

Migrating J1 to J2

Hi,

I have a J1 based application to move on J2 and make it JSR 168 compliant.
There are hudereds of portlet of various types JSPPortlet, Velocity based
portlets, IFrame portlets etc. Does someone went through this process
before. I'm looking for some guidelines, tools etc to minimize the effort
and making the process as much error free as possible.

Thanks

Re: Migrating J1 to J2

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Henry for your reply. Yes i did check it out and found most of
conversion is manuall. Was looking for tips to minimize the effort with some
one practical experience. There are hunderds of portlets of different types
and manual process seems too much time consuming.

Thanks

Re: Migrating J1 to J2

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Not sure if you have checked out the migration page in jetspeed-2 website:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/j1-migration.html

Hope this helps.

- Henry

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:09 AM, anyz <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a J1 based application to move on J2 and make it JSR 168 compliant.
> There are hudereds of portlet of various types JSPPortlet, Velocity based
> portlets, IFrame portlets etc. Does someone went through this process
> before. I'm looking for some guidelines, tools etc to minimize the effort
> and making the process as much error free as possible.
>
> Thanks

Henry