Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prakash Rao Banuka <pr...@simplifydc.com> on 2014/05/01 19:25:48 UTC

Backups - Snapshots - issue

Hi:

I have an issue with scheduled (daily and weekly )backups,

To few of mine instances the:

Daily Backup :  status is "CreatedonPrimary"

Weekly backup: status is "Allocated"

What could be the cause for this issue?

Most of the backups/snapshots are green in color (status is backedup)

Thank you
Prakash

RE: Backups - Snapshots - issue

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi Prakash,

When there is a failure in backing up the snapshot from primary to secondary then snapshot creation would fail and remains in "CreatedonPrimary" which means snapshot is created on primary but not copied to secondary storage.

When there are two snapshot processes run on the same volume at the same time one of them will fail and will stuck in "Allocated" state.

-Sanjeev